Lamar University, Texas
Tri-Continent Degree Program
Intercultural Leadership & International Business
In conjunction with the Oregon Institute of International Education, Siam Technology College, and NVQ, Lamar University offers the Tri-Continent Degree Program in Bangkok, Thailand. Lamar University is a member of the Texas State University System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Oregon Institute of International Education is a U.S. 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with 30,000 alumni that supervises the quality of the Lamar University program in Thailand. Siam Technology College is accredited by the Royal Thai Ministry of Education. NVQ is the National Vocational Qualification System of the United Kingdom.
Please read the Lamar University Press Release on this partnership.
Students in the Tri-Continent Degree Program earn the following three certificates after four years of study:
- Bachelor of Arts in Intercultural Leadership issued by Lamar University in Texas, USA
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business, Technology Entrepreneurship or Hotel and Tourism Management issued by Siam Technology College in Bangkok, Thailand
- NVQ Level-5 Diploma in International Business from the British National Vocational Qualification System. Why a vocational diploma? Well, it shows to every employer that you actually can do the job - and you are not just another 'useless graduate'.
- Each component is fully accredited and worldwide recognized.
- The Bangkok-based program is under constant quality supervision through the Oregon Institute of International Education.
- Highly experienced western professionals with decades of experience teaching the courses.
- Small classes with a target size of 25 students.
- Maintains a low cost at US$ 20,000 for the complete four-year program (currency converter). Cost per semester is US$ 250 administration fee plus about US$ 2,250 course fees (US$ 450 per course). The cost per credit is US$ 150 (120 credits).
- For ASEAN FIRST students, the total cost is as low as US$ 15,500 (see below).
- In Thai Baht: The whole program costs ฿ 160,000 per year or ฿ 640,000 for four years of study in Bangkok. As all ASEAN students do, Thai students get a scholarship of ฿ 80,000 per year for year one and year two. (All fees are subject to change upon currency exchange rates.)
- After their second year of studies, students can spend one to four semesters at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas (cost not included).
- Oregon Institute of International Education offers a 5-months work-and-travel program in the United States free of any administration fees. The money earned will usually cover the cost of flight, accommodation and living expenses during this period.
- Students come from many countries, resulting in the English language being the language in which students socialize on a daily basis.
Students can apply all year round as the Tri-Continent Degree Program applies a modular course system. Students can begin their studies any month. Please use the online application form.
Applicants should have a good command of English and need to meet one of the following entrance requirements:
- High School Diploma
- or Vocational Graduate with Work Experience
- or GED (or equivalent)
Cost of Studying in Bangkok for foreign Students
Classes are taught on an urban campus. Safe and clean accommodation is available around the campus, with prices starting at US$ 100 per month. Rooms are generally equipped to be shared with a fellow student if budget is tight.
Food and beverages may cost another US$ 100 per month, as our students report. The low prices in the university canteen help to stay within that budget.
As always, if you want anything fancier, you will pay more.
Our 2019 Initiative: ASEAN FIRST scholarships!
Our ASEAN FIRST initiative aims to help students from the ASEAN countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Brunei and Laos) to get a high-quality, affordable western university education.
For the first two years of your studies, you get a 50 percent scholarship worth US$ 5,000, meaning you pay only half the tuition and admin fees (US$ 1,250 per semester). In year three and four, you pay the full fees if you want to study for the U.S. degree issued by Lamar University and the NVQ Level 5 Diploma from the U.K. (US$ 2,500 per semester).
We all know that financial conditions sometimes change. If you cannot afford the higher fee for year three and four, you can go on with the half-fee and study for the B.B.A. in your chosen major issued by Siam Technology College. Even then, you will stay in the Lamar class and learn with the same students from the same teachers in the Lamar program!
Lamar University and Siam Technology College programs meet the requirements of the GI Bill (Department of Veterans Affairs). Email Bryce Hunter at email@example.com and begin the application process.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information, or message us by Facebook Messenger on one of the following Facebook pages:
- Facebook page for international students
- Facebook page for Filipino students
- Facebook page for Cambodian students
Download our program poster (PDF).
You are certainly welcome to visit us in person and talk to our current students. Please make an appointment with Mr. Bryce Hunter at email@example.com or phone him at +66(0)94-662-5598.